This department is headed by Dr. S.K Bansal . The department is doing all kinds of basic & advanced minimal access surgeries. The department came into existence in 2004 & has done more than 3000 Laparoscopic procedures.
Recently the department has started with dedicated program for Morbid Obesity with very encouraging results. The department alongwith the team of plastic surgeons, endocrinologists , physicians & dietician gives the patient a comprehensive treatment plans for morbidily obese patients with BMI of 35 & above. Surgery is the treatment option in these patients.Bariatric surgery help these patient to lose weight which prevent & treat life threatening conditions like diabetes,Hypertension ,Heart diseases & Sleep apnoea.
Similarly for cancer patients, we are having dedicated team of General surgeons, Plastic surgeons, Neuro surgeons & ENT surgeon. Since we get a lot of Trauma patients, the department is also doing a lot of Abdominal & thoracic trauma.
Vision:-The vision of the department is to constantly improve & provide the best in laparoscopic surgery & abdominal trauma surgery to all segments of society.
- Karl Storz High Definition(HD) system for performing Simple as well as Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries.
- 30 Degree Endoscope for better Clarity & Precision.
- Harmonic Scalpel for bloodless advanced Laparoscopic procedures.
- Karl Storz Best Quality Instruments for Laparoscopic Procedures.
- Ethicon Endo GI Staplers for Suturing.
SURGERIES PERFORMED IN THE HOSPITAL
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Choledocholithotomy
- Laparoscopic Excision of Hydated Cyst
- Laparoscopic drainage of Liver abscess
UPPER GI TRACT
- Laparoscopic Nissen’s Fundoplication for Hiatus Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy
- Laparoscopic cystogastronomy for pseudocyst
- Laparoscopic Oesophagectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for strictures
LOWER GI TRACT
- Laparoscopic Hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic Total Colectomy
- Laparoscopic APR
- Laparoscopic Anterior Resection
- Laparoscopy assisted colostomy
- Laparoscopic TEP repair of inguinal hernia
- Laparoscopic TAPP repair of inguinal hernia
- Laparoscopic repair of ventral hernia
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Abdominal LN & Peritoneal Biopsies
- MIPH for Haemorrhoids
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Pyelolithotomy
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
- Laparoscopic Ureterolithotomy
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Varicocele Ligation